Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Random Meeting on a Plane

It turned out to be the next opportunity - the open door that I needed to walk through.

Last week I flew to Melbourne for a wedding.

I was going to leave work early and get there around 6pm so that I could meet up with some people for a few drinks.  Flights were ludicrously expensive as I'd left booking so late and I'd decided that I'd be better off to use my frequent flier miles and treat myself to a business class seat.

The week didn't quite go to plan and there was no way that I was going to make a 3pm flight.  It was just as well that I'd gotten the seat that I had, as a reschedule to a later departure was an easy one.  I survived the day of work and made my flight on time.

Settled into business class, my row mate arrived and settled in.  We both read until dinner.  At dinner we started to chat.  He was on his way to a conference in Melbourne for the fitness industry.  He and his family own a gym, not far from where I lived.  We talked about the industry and I commented that I didn't really fit into the traditional member mould and we discussed the difficulties that I had finding the right 'team' for me for this next stage of my progress.

Turns out his sister is in the game too....  apparently a rehab genius - physio and exercise.   Julie works between a clinic and the gym.  I thought about this for a while when I got home.  Figured that it was worth a shot - what did I have to lose.  I was ready to try something new, take that next leap.

I called the gym and got in contact with Julie.  She wasn't taking new patients - but because her brother recommended her, she was going to take me.

Next week I see her.  I'm hopeful, but not expecting too much.




No comments:

Post a Comment