Sunday, May 15, 2011

Grocery Shopping

Fuelled with the enthusiasm from the successful outing yesterday, we went out for coffee (so we could buy coffee beans) and grocery shopping today.  We started out at Merlo as we really needed beans and didn't have enough for another day.  I was a little scared to get out of the car into the crowd as it was pretty busy in there.  My husband convinced me to give it a go and again it worked out fine.  We had coffee and decided to give grocery shopping a go.  I figured that I wouldn't be able to walk down every aisle but I figured that I would go as far as I could go and then rest a while before continuing the process.

I didn't go into all of the aisles and required quick rests on the wheelie walker from time to time but I did make it back to the car!  I really need to get a pedometer so I can at least try to get some idea of the distances that I am working before I am completely worn out.  I was pretty wrecked after that effort and did very little for the rest of the day.

I've exceeded my outings target for this week on the Project Awesome goals and am pretty pleased with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment