Sunday, September 11, 2011

Surgical Review and Physio

Tomorrow is my next surgical review.  I'm a little nervous.  I shouldn't be as my progress has been steady and I've been doing a lot to work towards getting the most out of the surgery and I have been happy with the results so far.  I also know that I am going to get so much more out of this than I ever imagined.  It's difficult to explain why I'm nervous at all.  The closest thing I can relate it to is maybe parental approval, though that's not quite it.  Besides my surgeon is way to young for that!  If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

It will be an early start tomorrow for a work day (well for me anyway!).  I kick off at 8:30am at physio with Paul before I head in to the hospital to have xrays done in advance of my appointment.  I don't actually see the surgeon until 11:30am but I'm not sure how long it will take at xray as you just turn up and wait your turn.  It means that I'll have a new CD of images of my new parts too.  There really shouldn't be anything new to show there but it is kind of cool anyway.

This will be the first time that I've seen Paul since before the operation too.  It will be interesting to have his thoughts on the differences he sees.  He has seen me quite a bit when I have been at the clinic to see Reese and also outside of the clinic, so he has a good idea of where I'm at but treating will actually give a little bit of a different perspective.

I'll be back at Milton later in the day to get some work done and hopefully wrap a few things up that will leave me free towards the end of the week to start to get ready for my sister's wedding on Sunday afternoon.  It's going to be a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Dont' worry, You will be the person that he brags to all his other patients about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not quite sure what to say to that :) It sounds a little bit weird that I am looking for approval from my surgeon. I guess I'm just a little bit crazy! Thanks for the support of my little oddities! I'm sure it will be all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was exactly the same, I went in there as proud as punch of my achievements in my recovery, and left quite deflated when he didn't really seem to care. I wonder what satisfaction they actually get out of their job if they don't want to hear how well their patients are doing.

    ReplyDelete