Friday, September 2, 2011

Body Leader of the Month

Hey check me out, I've been awarded the title of Body Leader of the Month!

I've answered some different questions as part of the interview than I've covered here in the past so the article might be interesting to you.

A couple of notes about the article and pics:

Yes, Lori is short for Lorraine.  It's funny how different people know you by different parts of your name.  My husband calls me Lorraine (just as I use his full name rather than Mike as just about everyone else calls him) and this usually extends to certain groups of people where I've been introduced by him, or introduced where my 'legal' name has been provided. My brothers and sister still refer to me as Rain. One of my best friends used to call me Miss Rainee and that's now Mrs Rainee since I've been married.  Mostly though people call me Lori.  It's a lot easier to spell for people, too!

For the locals, you should be able to spot the venue of the first picture.  This was my very first outing and I wanted it to be somewhere that I felt safe so it's somewhere that I spend a fair amount of time. You can see my crutches in the picture.  If you can guess where it is, there might even be a prize for you!

The Pilates picture is actually from this morning.  We took a whole series of them and I'll post some more of them here.  This is a picture of roll ins from curls (bridges).  I've been doing these for a little while and think that some of the other exercises are a little more impressive, so I'll post those soon!

The final picture is from the hospital when I was first learning to walk again.  At this time I was still using the rollater so there was a fair amount of weight being put through my hands on the rails to walk.  The white lines helped me with my alignment.  There was a lot of looking down and focusing on my feet while I was walking within the rails.  In the beginning it almost felt like the messages from my brain  didn't get through to my feet unless I looked really hard at them!  (That plan doesn't really work all the time.  Sometimes you can look really hard at the offending limb and it still won't move.  They do now, so that's the main thing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment