Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hydro and the sniffles

It's not cause and effect, both just are today.

It's the holiday for my area for the Brisbane Exhibition (the EKKA).  I'm not sure if the term 'exhibition' translates globally.  It's like a town fair or show.  I'm not going.  I've never been a huge fan though this is likely because there is a massive amount of walking around and standing in lines.  I associate EKKA time with colds and flus which seem to propagate wildly amongst the thousands and thousands of people that congregate at the RNA show-grounds each year.  Somehow, this year, I've picked up the EKKA time sniffles. (Or maybe from my husband who came home from Melbourne with germs.  I'm sure that he would prefer that I don't blame him.  I actually think that it is unlikely that they are his germs as he has been back for longer than a cold incubation period, so it must be EKKA germs!)

I was fine this morning at hydro and I got through a pretty full session.  It was a beautiful morning when I headed out.  Sunny and warm, I didn't even need my jumper on the way out.  The pool was empty by the second half of the session so we were a little sneaky and took some video of me walking and jumping in the water.  There is a big sign at the door that cameras aren't allowed but I figured that if we were the only ones there and there was no one to see us take the video, it would be ok.  At some point I will string all of the footage together.  It will end up being a pretty interesting look at my progress over the past couple of months.

By the time that the session was over, it was overcast and chilly.  It wasn't too cold.  I've defiantly gotten out of the pool and had it be a lot colder than this earlier in winter.  It was a shame really as I was looking forward to having my coffee on the porch when I got home to make the most of the sunshine.

A few hours after being home, I had eaten lunch and was sitting on the couch with my laptop starting to catch up on the daily reading and set up do a little work.  It didn't really work out like that as after about an hour, I'd started to sniffle and feel exhausted.  I ended up going back to bed and spend about four hours there.  I feel a little better since I've woken up but it still feels like I'll be fighting these bugs off for the next couple of days.  I need to kick it tomorrow really as I can't take germs with me to Pilates.  That would be rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment