Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Changes

Life is changing pretty quickly at the moment.  I'm still doing a lot of rehab type activities, like physio, hydro and an at home program but the other parts of life are visibly changing.  I have learnt a lot about the people who have gone through this process with me and unfortunately things I didn't want to learn about the people who didn't.  I'm starting out knowing exactly where I stand with people which is a strong platform to start again from.

I am back at work doing stop gap type work and I am adding things in that interest me.  That's led to a lot of reading and being back online just browsing, something that I've not really had the time to just enjoy for a very long time.  I think that's really some of the reason to have gone through this really.  To change that life that really wasn't working out for me work-wise, that was filled with pain and limited by joints that didn't work the way that they were supposed to.  The start to all of the changes was something beyond my control but it really was something that needed to happen.  It's scary not knowing what happens next.

I've not taken on so much that I've cut back on my rehab activities but more than enough to fill my days so I have been neglecting to write as much here.  The things that I do know is that there will be more opportunities that I will be able to take.  Little things like being able to work in the city without paying ridiculous amounts for parking since I'll actually be able to catch a bus.

I was baking on Sunday night and my sister came past to be an 'official taste tester' before I took the cupcakes in to share with the people at physio.  She asked me a hip related question at some point during the conversation and I realised that I hadn't thought about them while I was baking.  It came as a bit of a surprise that the question kind of seemed out of context even though it did relate to me and what I'm doing at the moment.  I suppose that will happen more frequently as time goes on.  It will be more difficult to forget when I start doing things that I haven't done for years.  As I meet these milestones I'll be excited by the accomplishments.  Some of the shine might wear off as I progress further but I think that there will always be some things that will always bring wonder and excitement with them.

I just have to make sure that I don't screw it up and forget the lessons that I've learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment