Friday, July 22, 2011

Do you think that I could jog 5K?

Not now - that would be a pretty daft idea.  I can't even walk properly yet and my femurs aren't up to the impact of running.  It's off the list for at least a year.  Some argue that femurs are finished healing six months but I don't think it is worth the risk.

So maybe, September next year?
Bridge to Brisbane
I've never done anything like that before.  I'm not even sure I like running.  There is a possibility I could though.  I don't think I'll get into marathon running or anything like that.  Every now and then I hear of some activity that one of my friends is going to do and I think, maybe I could do that.

This is a very new experience for me.  I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

7 comments:

  1. I think it is more the great feeling of knowing that you could do it if you wanted to.
    That must be another advantage of MOM,I have been told I can run for a bus but thats about it.(for those that don't know I have just had a Ceramic on Ceramic THR)
    You would most probably enjoy the event even if you just walked it with a group of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really got me thinking now Lori, do we live for now, make the most of our new body parts, or do we be cautious and get the most life out of them that we can. I know it is not much different with how you normally live your life, live for today or the future, but we are now talking about parts with a definite use by date.
    How do you look at it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure. I think for me it has to be a balance of both. For a long time I've assessed the consequences of what I do each day as to what the results will be, as in how long I will be wiped out for, or how much pain I would have after and would weigh up whether it is worth it or not. I think this is just an extension of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if you set yourself that goal, then it's possible! But I've gotta say that running isn't for everyone, me being one of them. I'm just not made for it, or for whatever reasons, I just can't find the enjoyment in it. Not saying that it shouldn't be a goal of yours of course.

    With less fatigue and more confidence, I'm sure you'll start to see which doors are open to you. If only I could get some of the folks around me to be as motivated to have a go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything feels like it might be possible. As time continues and I can do more and more, the doors are opening. Who knows where I might end up. I might not like running either but being able to actually know that I don't is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to walk a 5K this Saturday. I can only run for about 1 minute or 2 at a time. It's not stamina, it's pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ann! Are you pre-op, post-op or no-op? I'm always interested in hearing other peoples experiences especially about these types of things. I've never really run, so a minute or two is probably going to be one of the early goals.

    ReplyDelete