Sunday, July 3, 2011

It's so close

I can feel it.  I'm almost there.  It's not going to be today or tomorrow but maybe another month.  I'm not quite sure which is more difficult to deal with, feeling like it will never end or feeling like it's so close but it still so far away.  I still get tired and needed a really quiet day yesterday to recover from the week.

Today I'm going out to lunch when I could probably would be happier staying at home getting ready for tomorrow.  I picked up some work on Thursday so that I wouldn't have such a big day tomorrow but I haven't even looked at it yet and I'm really not sure I feel like looking at it at all.  I suppose that's a pretty normal reaction to real life and weekends.  

When I get home, I'm going to cook for the next couple of days so at least I don't have to worry about that.  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to feel like only that it has lots of vegetables.  I haven't really had my share in the last couple of days with too many other things going on.  

On Friday, I had physio and we practiced with the cane again.  It's starting to look a lot better but the action of walking doesn't feel natural at all.  My arms don't really know what they should do and my left one just likes to stay still.  Apparently this is quite a normal reaction to injury as the body holds the arms in and it is something that you have to learn again.  When I do concentrate on it and get the pattern right, reduce the hitch in my stride as my left leg moves forward in a straighter line instead of coming around.  I'm not sure why I do this or why this incorrect pattern feels more natural than a proper gait pattern.  

I have to go finish getting ready to go and will finish this post when I get home.

I've made it home and back to the couch where I spent a great deal of yesterday.  I'm still worn out, just with a belly full of Grill'd burger and chips now.  I've still got to get up the energy to get some cooking done for tomorrow as I'm unlikely to have the energy.  I've only clocked up 4 minutes on the elliptical today so far and I'm not convinced that I could step back up onto it to finish of the rest of todays minutes.  I might have a go a little later on, maybe after I've had a small nap.

Before I went out to lunch, I started off with the rest of the activities that filled last week and wore me out.  Friday was a pretty long day.  Aside from Physio first up, I also spent a few hours working at the computer and then went out to the movies in the evening.   I still managed to fit in 8 minutes and 400 metres on the elliptical, so it would have been the longest and busiest day that I have had so far.  On the tails of a full week, I deserved my rest day yesterday. On the plus side, I didn't wear myself so much so I that I couldn't walk without the two crutches like the day that I overdid it.

Tomorrow is Physio day and a measuring ranges day.  I haven't decided if I am going into work tomorrow or Wednesday.   I guess I will just see how I feel in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment