Friday, July 29, 2011

Progress Update

This morning I got out of the pool using the steps.  This wasn't something that I could do pre-op so it's a pretty big step (literally and figuratively!).  I led with the left which is the side with the greater range.  I did need to pull up a little with my arms until my right foot was about 30 cm from the pool floor.  From that point on, there was more weight through the left leg to bring the right side up.  I went up step at a time with the same side so the next goal will be to alternate and then to start with the right leg up.

Next week I'm going to start pilates again.  I was cleared by my physio to do this a couple of weeks ago but I wasn't quite ready for the getting up and down off the floor.  The actual exercises I was and am looking forward to.   It means that I'll probably miss out on hydro for a week or two while I realign all my appointment times to fit everything in.  I'll still go to the pool on its new day - it will just be on my own until everything fits together properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment