Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hip Flexion Ranges

I realised something on Friday at hydro that I forgot to mention.  I have been a bit hard on myself about my hip flexion ranges and how slowly they are moving now.  On Friday, I tried to get out of the pool using the step ladder, which I knew I couldn't but I wanted to try anyway.  I was about an inch off.  I remembered that a few weeks before I went into surgery, we had to use the outside pool and it doesn't have a ramp.  Reese had to help me get out of the pool because I couldn't do it then.   This is good news to me.

It will be interesting to see if I'm still on that plateau or whether the ranges have increased again.  I'll try again each week to see if I'm any closer to that bottom step.  I'll have to figure out the range next time so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm aiming towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment