Monday, July 11, 2011

More than 90 Degrees!

Today my right hip flexion got to a passive range of 93 degrees.  This is a large jump up from where I was last week and over the magic 90 degree mark that I have been aiming for.  The left is still below, at 80-something degrees (I was so focused on the 90 number, I can't remember the other one) but thats ok.  There was still improvement on the right side and it would have still been an improvement that I would have been happy with, especially with the plateau of last weeks measurements.

I was so excited that I wanted to jump...  I didn't!  I'll save it for the pool on Friday.

Today was a good day for the elliptical as well.  I've stepped up to 15 minutes from my previous 12.  I completed this in two sessions and I think that I could probably even go a third session but I want to wake up in the morning first and see how I feel.  I am using level 2 on the ramp and resistance for most of the time.  I figure that I can get to 30 minutes and then I can increase the resistance and ramp throughout the period and maybe even use some of the proper programmes rather than manual settings.

2 comments:

  1. I am a jock turned into a geek and you are a geek turning into a jock. lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah... That's awesome. I hadn't thought of it like that. I don't think I'll be running any marathons but I can already do more than I could more than 10 years pre-op so it's entirely likely that my life will change a massive amount - hmm interesting topic for a post. It's funny that I'm still learning to walk properly and yet I can do so much more already. :)

    ReplyDelete