Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back to Hydro

Now that I am back driving, I've started hydrotherapy again.
The weather is cold but the pool is inside and the water is heated.

The session was awesome.  The feeling of walking in the water is amazing.  The movement is fluid, there is no joint pain and it really does give me an idea of what things will be like on land very soon.  I'm due to go back again on Friday.  I'm going to have a break from the pool tomorrow and head into my office and organise when I'm going back to work a few more hours each week.  I'm hoping to soon be strong enough to go to the pool each morning for an hour and then head into the office for a few hours each day.  

I think that the pool exercise will help get to the next level of strength and ability pretty quickly.   We started off pretty slow with marching laps forward, backwards, sideways.  There was also bicycle like exercises and heaps of stretching.  I also got to jump which was pretty cool.  I was in the water for an hour today and felt really good when I got out.  I'm not sure if the muscles will be a bit tired still tomorrow but they are doing pretty well at the moment.

I have managed to get a knot in my shoulder which I am trying to work out using a trigger point ball.  That's pretty much the only thing that hurts and I have absolutely no idea how I've done it.  Between that knot and a burn on my finger (stupid cooking accident) it really does look like things are getting back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment