Saturday, March 12, 2011

Discussion Board worth looking at

I have come across a website with a discussion board that is definitely worthwhile having a look at:  http://www.surfacehippy.info/

Took me ages to find this out there and am glad that I did as there are a lot of other personal stories there and the owner of the board comments often.   Everyone has different experiences and there doesn't seem to be too many bilaterals (at my age), though the general information has been interesting and helpful to the process of getting ready mentally.  Not everything is stellar and completely positive, though I do believe it is a reasonably fair representation of a good cross section of people across continents, with different histories, different procedures and different 'spare parts'.

In the beginning when I was searching for information, I wasn't overly successful.  Now I'm searching for the obscure: like bmhr images, I end up with more reading material at: http://www.hipresurfacingsite.com/Other-Patients/Other-Patients/menu-id-41.html
This one doesn't seem to be as interactive as the other site, though still useful information.

Wonder why I was looking for bmhr images?  I saw a shirt on the surface hippy link that had a stylised image of the prosthesis (resurfacing not mid-head) which was kinda cute in a geeky kind of way.  So I thought maybe my own tee or maybe an iphone case with little bmhr's on the back would be cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment