Monday, March 28, 2011

Hydro, GP Checkup and Items off the checklist

This morning started out at Hydro and I was a little bit concerned that we weren't starting off the day well when there was no parking, the hydro pool was full of little germy children and the pool outside was cold.  It got progressively better though.  One of the outside pools was relatively unoccupied, though cold for the first few minutes it was ok and best of all there were no children's germs.  I know I have been harping on this recently, though the upset tummy late mid last week and the sore throat of the weekend has put me into a mild panic that I won't be well for next Friday and I might get bumped.  I think that I might just hide away from the public for the next ten days.  Unfortunately I do need to go into the office tomorrow for a while and then maybe again on Thursday for a little bit.  Next Tuesday is the last office day leaving me to be able to kick back and spend some time with my husband before I go into hospital.  Things have been pretty crazy in the lead up, mostly because we both need time off work for more than just a couple of days. A lot of my stuff has been 'housekeeping' type things that I've mentioned earlier (paperwork and the like).

Today's checklist included getting to the GP to get a new referral so that medicare will actually chip in for the operation, renewing a mail redirection, cleaning out some old paperwork and other old junk.  Nothing exciting but things that I am unlikely going to want to do for a little while.  Hell, I haven't wanted to do these tasks for the last year, the next few months is unlikely to be any different.  I'm a little anxious about getting everything done, even though I am sure that some of this stuff really could be put of for a few more months.  I guess I have really gotten into the idea of having a clean slate when I get home from hospital, or very soon after that time, that I am freaking out a little bit on the nearing deadline.   I'm not actually sure if I am misidentifying the cause of the anxiety and it's actually about the op itself and other associated bits and pieces that is causing the anxiety.  I'm not sure.   I know that I am looking forward to being on the other side of the op though a general anxiety would also explain my newly acquired OCD about Germs (which really haven't bothered me too much in the past, anymore than anyone else - I do wash my hands when appropriate and take the appropriate risks) and I do realise that I am becoming a little crazy about it just as I am about the other things that aren't neatly filed away in their happy little boxes.

Back to the GP visit:  the sore throat isn't anything too bad.  I think that the honey, chilli and garlic, lots of water, lots of fresh vegetables and fruit (not all together), have kicked it a bit.  I got the doc to check it today when I was there for the referral just to help put my mind at ease and it isn't too bad.  If it does get worse, I am apparently still allowed to take antibiotics and I have been given a script for that.  I think I would double check with the surgeons office first just in case but I shouldn't need them so it doesn't really matter too much.  The GP visit was pretty sucky as my normal doctor wasn't there and he is way cooler than the one I saw today.  (He's on paternity leave - so I would be an ass to complain too much about his absence).  I've only really just started to go to this clinic, I really do like this new doctor and I'm fussy.  He seems interested in what is going on and is actually knowledgable about it (he does work on some orthopaedic cases though with a different surgeon - so that helps) but I really think that even if he didn't have the ortho background, he would just be one of those doctors that really takes an interest in people so even though I understood the reason why he wasn't there today, I was still a little disappointed that the replacement didn't really live up to expectation (which may well just me not relating to her as well - not a reflection on skills and abilities as a GP).  It is difficult to find these doctors who not only take an interest but you also relate to and feel comfortable with.  If you have been lucky in your life and got an awesome doc first go, you should be very grateful!

I was lucky enough to have one of my best friends to help me stay focused on the clean out and this afternoon post doc's appointment was actually pretty productive.  I am a hoarder and even knowing this about myself, I was still surprised at just how much 'junk' I've collected over the years and carted around from one house to the next.  She'll be back on Wednesday to help relieve the insanity again.  We'll head off to pilates at midday and maybe get coffee on the way back home so it should be a good day.  Thursday is girls night again, so all in all it will be a good week.  Here's to it being a productive and stress free one as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment