Friday, March 4, 2011

Questions that I don't have the answers for yet.

This post will be updated as I find out the answers to these questions and as I think of more questions to ask.  There are a number of them that I will be able to ask when I have my pre-op appointment on 4 April.  I could make an appointment sooner - though these things will not change my decision and can wait until then. (There is a good chance that I have been given this information in earlier appointments but with the amount of information that I have received and researched, it could very well be that I have confused myself and can't remember which applies to me!!)

Where will the incision be? I hadn't thought about this until I was reading this page that I found from a google search.  I hadn't considered the various cutting locations and had assumed that it would be on the side.  I think I saw the start of a surgery video on a site recommended by the surgeon for information and assumed that is how he will cut...  (I say beginning as I couldn't watch it all - squeamish!)  What I do remember about the cut is that it isn't a micro-incision and the reasons why this isn't used by my surgeon...  just not where the cut will be. [edit:  I do know now :)  it will be down the side]

2 comments:

  1. that's okay...i watched the very surgery that you're going to have performed....might well have been mc minn himself....as it's his clinic that has the youtube procedure. fyi, he's got a great sense of humour and his technique looks spot on.
    re

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't watch the whole thing. I've never really liked those tv shows that show surgery being done... the real life or the fake. At some level it's interesting but there is just too much blood - and well insides... lol.
    As far as I am aware it is Mr McMinn doing that particular surgery. (Did you know that when a Dr goes to a Mr it means that he has more qualifications. That seems weird to me. A title that is the same as no qualification at all)

    ReplyDelete