Friday, March 11, 2011

Getting my life in order

Much of the last week was spent on tasks not directly related to the surgery.  Once I had made the decision to proceed, there were a lot of housekeeping items that I have decided needed to be taken care of before the 'big day'.  This will be the start of a new phase of my life and the 'old' needs to be finished and left behind as well.  This is the really boring stuff, like going to the accountant and getting the taxes up to date, checking into all our insurances to make sure we have the best options for us at this point in our lives, unpacking a few more boxes that have been sitting in our new house since we moved in twelve months ago and other such 'fun' tasks I am sure most people are familiar with.  It is highly unlikely that I will be inspired to work on these tasks whilst focusing on recovery since I have done so well in putting them off over the last few years, so maybe it's about time that I get my whole life in order and start fresh, not weighted down by the 'old stuff'.

In the decision making process, there were a lot of things to consider about what I want from my future and I think that in part, the things that held off moving towards making these things happen is the 'old stuff' that hangs around and becomes an excuse to stay in the same place (metaphorically).  I'm not quite sure of there was a single catalyst was to start down this path or if it was a number of reasons that I have collected over the last few years that I am sure that when I figure it out, it will be a good story to tell.  At that point though I hope to have all of the boxes unpacked and well on the way down the bright and shiny path.

No comments:

Post a Comment