Thursday, April 21, 2011

13 Days Post Op: Surgical Dressings Removed

This morning the rehab doctor decided it was time to remove my surgical dressings as I am healing well. I have some photographs though I'm not yet sure that I particularly want to show that much of my upper thigh and bottom to the world :). I'll think on that and decide another time. The wounds are a little longer than I estimated, mostly because I really couldn't see them. They would be approximately 12 inches long. They don't hurt, I just feel some pulling when I move which is pretty normal. There are little pieces of tape across the wound that sit side by side down the length that will apparently just fall off when they are ready. The tape might even be part of what the pulling sensation is.

We also discussed going home. The target for now is next Friday. I still have a lot of work to do and the doctor seems confident that it is a reasonable goal. There will be an assessment of this on Wednesday after all of the public holidays to see that we are on target. The rehab gym is closed a lot in that time, so I am hoping that there will be enough Physios for me to get the assistance that I need to meet the progression targets in the next five days. Each day my routine increases, I just hope it's enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment