Saturday, April 2, 2011

Husband in Exile

My husband was supposed to come home from Melbourne today but I didn't let him (at some level his exile is self imposed as he does share the sentiment that it is a good idea - neither of us have to like the good idea - but unfortunately it is).  He has germs.  Somehow he has managed to catch a cold and is busy resting and hopefully kicking it in the next 24 hours so he can actually come home.  

I sound like a completely crazy woman.  I very well may be completely crazy woman - not just 'sounding like one' but I do need to tell a story that backs me up.  A friend of a friend was due to have surgery on his knees last week (I don't know the guy - this is just a story that I have heard second hand) and he got food poisoning two days before and he got bumped!! Poor guy was in public and has been bumped for a year!

Ok, that won't happen to me in private - a bump might only be a month but even so, I'm not sure my remaining sanity could survive a month delay.  More accurately I don't think that the sanity of my husband or close friends could survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment