Monday, April 4, 2011

Post Pre-Op Appointment

All went well with the pre-op appointment so I can relax a bit now.  Maybe I should have a nap this afternoon :)

Some of the questions that I had left had been answered and I have been given reassurance that I am definitely booked in for bilateral, I will be going to ICU for at least one night post surgery and all is good.  I have had my pre-op blood work done (results still to come in though there shouldn't be any issues based on the blood work I had done about three weeks ago) and had an ECG which apparently looks normal.

I also filled out some surveys relating to pain and mobility and signed a consent form for a tiny little bit of my tissue near the bone to be taken for research.  I asked what happens to the bone that they cut out too and it gets sent off somewhere to maybe be used for something too.

Side Note:  Speaking of research, I have recently been involved as a participant in the Motherhood Choices Survey being run by the University of Western Sydney to develop a decision aid to assist women with rheumatoid arthritis aged 20 - 45 who are considering having children.  If you've come here and meet that criteria, please consider participating as they are still looking for people.  I'm not sure how they will collate the information collected though I hope that it is the start of further research into issues affecting people with arthritis and result in the development of resources, knowledge and communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment