Thursday, April 7, 2011

Game Day Eve

Almost ready to go.  I have less than 12 eating hours left and I really should get some sleep for some of those.  Today wasn't quite as relaxed as yesterday though that is probably more psychological than actually being too busy for the day.  It may also have a little to do with the 7am phone call from the hospital this morning checking the spelling of my name.  (It was a little more than this - but not much!)  I haven't quite figured out the urgency of this as I'm sure they will have plenty of time tomorrow after I arrive and before I go in for me to check all of my paperwork.  I was supposed to start the day with sleep until about 8:45 which is the absolute latest that I figured out that I could get up, have breakfast, shower and still be at Physio on time.  I got back to sleep not too long before the alarm went off.  Missing almost two hours of sleep isn't nice.  I didn't quite make it on time but I wasn't too late :)

I had two appointments today at Physio.  One to get all my muscles and tissue ready for tomorrow and one to go through everything that I need to know and take range measurements to compare to.  I really wanted baseline measurements to compare to after and I wasn't sure that the hospital physio would look after this.  I know it's going to be better but I want to know just how much better as it well could be a good tool to get through any low points that I have when the rehab isn't going as quickly as I want it to.

I thought I was done with work, though there were few things that came in today that I had to look at.  Some were passed my way which really didn't have to.  I guess its probably a bit easier to focus on things like this at the moment than actually doing the final processing of tomorrow.  From a logical point of view, it will all be fine, everything is organised, there isn't anything to worry about but I can help but feel a little anxious.  At least I'm done now and don't have to deal with any of it for at least three weeks.  After that, I'll see how I am and if I want to take some of it back on that I can do from home.

Not sure I'll get a chance to post tomorrow.  Maybe when we are at the welcome lounge waiting for all the final prep to be done before they take me in at around 2pm.

Wish me luck :)  If I'm not online tomorrow, I'll have a lot to share in a few days when I'm out of ICU.

No comments:

Post a Comment