Sunday, April 24, 2011

16 Days Post Op: Happy Easter

Today I had REAL food for the first time in over two weeks.  My lovely husband made real Spaghetti Bolognese and brought it in for lunch today which was so much better than anything I have eaten in over two weeks.  This comparison isn't really fair as his spaghetti is awesome compared with other real food and not having the unfair comparison made to something that really isn't food.  I was also brought in home made apricot slice (again awesome) from a friend and left overs from my brother's bbq last night from my mum.  The fridge is full and I might be free not to suffer from hospital food for at least tomorrow.

I don't think that hospitals are good places to get well.  The environment needs to be more like a resort or spa retreat where food is highly nutritious and tasty and the appropriate combination of activity and restful sleep can be maintained.  I know this might cause further overcrowding when people don't want to go home though I really do think that you might be able to kick some people out a bit sooner as they improve a lot more quickly.  Positive people heal quicker than depressed people, right?  Well, the food would be enough to depress anyone after more than a couple of days.  Pair that with the interrupted sleep and dry air conditioning and surely that isn't a really good recipe for recovery?

To overcome the disadvantages of being here, I need to find things that I can do that will keep my mood  happy and positive about my progress.  First off, I'm going to be starting with real food with real vitamins and minerals and we are going to go outside in the sun and get me some vitamin D.

No comments:

Post a Comment